TOOWOOMBA, Australia, November 9, 2020 (Solar Business Hub) — Proven Energy announces that it has signed Australia’s Clean Energy Council (CEC) Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, committing to a high level of customer service and a minimum five-year whole of system and installation warranty on all solar systems.
The code of conduct is a voluntary scheme for retail businesses selling solar panel systems to households and businesses. It aims to lift the bar higher than the minimum requirements set by government and regulations and bring about a better standard of service within the solar industry. It is also the only solar industry code of conduct authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
When buying solar, customers should look for the Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer logo to choose a business that has signed on to the Code of Conduct. A full list of Approved Solar Retailers can be found on the Clean Energy Council website.
Clean Energy Council Chief Executive Kane Thornton said people had a lot of things to consider when making a major purchase such as a solar energy system, and the process could be confusing. He added:
“By choosing to buy from a business that has signed up to our voluntary Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, you are choosing a business which has committed to a higher standard of quality and service.” .
“The solar industry is well regulated, with all systems needing to meet Australian standards and be installed by a specially trained and accredited solar installer. This code is another important step that provides consumers with even greater confidence, and the ability to select a retailer who guarantees a high level of customer service.”
Proven Energy Director Peter Sutrin said:
“It has always been important to us to uphold high standards of service and quality in the solar industry. Becoming a CEC Approved Retailer was a natural step to show that we are serious about doing the right thing in and by our industry.”
As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, Proven Energy will abide by the following standards:
- Ensure that sales representatives act ethically at all times.
- Not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising or sales tactics.
- Educate consumers about their purchase by supplying essential information about the system in writing before entering into a contract. This includes site-specific full system design and an average daily performance estimate for each month of solar generation.
- Uphold consumers’ legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds, and give customers the chance to cancel a contract and obtain a full refund if any changes are made that are not approved in writing (including variations to system design).
- Provide a minimum five-year warranty covering the operation and performance of the entire solar system.
- Fully inform customers about the processes involved between system installation and network connection or facilitate this process on their behalf.
- Provide consumers will all required documentation after the system is installed.
- Adhere to all existing legislation and regulations.
- Be fully accountable for the actions of any subcontracted parties, including Clean Energy Council-accredited installers/designers.
- Have a fair and transparent complaints process and respond to customers within 21 days of them making a complaint.
Proven Energy is a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer based in North Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, providing sales and services across Southern Queensland and Northern New South Wales ranging from residential installations to commercial and agricultural systems. For more information contact Proven Energy’s director Peter Sutrin on 074642 0017.
Clean Energy Council is a not-for-profit, membership-based organisation that represents and works with Australia’s leading renewable energy and energy storage businesses, as well as rooftop solar installers, to further the development of clean energy in Australia.
Press release provided by Proven Energy. Photo credit: Proven Energy.