Energy advisory firm and event organiser Neoventure Corporation based in Shanghai announced the 2nd Vietnam Solar Energy Summit 2018 (VRES 2018), which will take place on 16-17 October 2018 at InterContinental Hanoi, Vietnam.
In September 2017, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam (“MOIT”) issued Circular No. 16/2017/TT-BCT on the detailed mechanism for encouraging the development of solar power projects in Vietnam, which includes a final template Power Purchase Agreement (“PPA”) and the FiT rate of USD cents 9.35 per kWh.
Aditionally, over a year ago it was announced the PM’s decision 11 that gives big FiT incentive for solar power development in Vietnam, which has become the main focus of most of the key solar power stakeholders in the world.
To further push forward the solar power development in Vietnam and facilitate the collaboration between local developers and international investors the 2nd edition of the Vietnam Solar Energy Summit 2018 will aso offer a Conference, Exhibition, Project Match-Making Forum and Sub-Forum creating a one-stop business matching platform for all industry players to share their knowledge and to expand business contacts in Vietnam’s rapid growing solar energy sector.
2nd VSES 2018 Highlights:
- 20+ Hours of Networking
- 30+ Professional Speakers
- 300+ professional participants from Government & Regulators, Power Utilities, IPPs, Project Developers, EPC Contractors, etc.
- 30+ exhibitors will showcase the advanced technologies, produces and capacities.
- The best opportunity to learn first-hand information and explore business in Vietnam’s solar sector
- The ideal occasion for project owners, sponsors and other potential partners to host one-on-one discussion for potential cooperation to kick-start the development of the solar project.
- Mainly focus on the projects that failed to reach the key milestones for the solar FiT, but still open for investors and EPCs.
Source: Press Release by Neoventure Corporation. Photo Credit: Xiquinho Silva via Flickr (CC BY 2.0).